topbella

Friday, September 23, 2011

My interview with author Gail Wolfe

Hello Delicious Divas. I had the honor of getting an interview with author Gail Wolfe.

Q: Tell us the name of your book?
 A: Cottage by the Stream

Q: Why did you write this book?
A:  I was playing an on line game with some friends of mine, kind of a role playing game, and all of a sudden, the whole story came to me...there was no way I could not write it! The urge was that strong, It took a long time but I finally finished it. 

Q: What is one your favorite scenes in the book?
A: I think one of my favorite scenes is when Sarah calls her uncle and begs to come home because things are getting just to weird for her. She babbles on and on about what is going on and barely takes a breath. I found that amusing as I wrote it. 

Q: What part did you like most about writing the book?
A: I liked being able to shape my characters into strong people. I made Sarah as strong as I could, able to stand on her own two feet and willing to take a swing at someone if she needed to, but still be able to be feminine.

Q: What part did you not like most about writing the book?
A: It took too long! It took me six years to write this and I could have gone further but I knew I had to cut it off somewhere so...

Q: Do you have any other books that you are working on?
A: Oh yes! I have the sequel to Cottage and  like many other writers I have about 1000 others wanting to be written. After I finish my sequel I have two others I want to write, one is a traditional(sort of) love story and the other is an erotica.

Q: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
A: Believe in yourself and do NOT give up! If you aren't sure about your story get test readers. I had my book printed (4 copies) and bound at Office Max and handed them out to friends I knew. I also included a questionnaire with it so they could give me feed back. So do NOT give up on yourself! If I can do it, so can you!

Thank you, Gail for the great insight. I know many will take your advice to heart! Cottage by the Stream can be found on the New Concepts Publishing website as well as Amazon.com. Available in ebook format and print.


















Blurb:
What would you do if you were forced to flee to another country because you were being pursued by a psychopath? How would you handle a situation where you were told you were from a long line of Celtic avengers called Star-Children and with the help of a two-hundred fifty year old druid who was a Watcher/Protector, had to kill a being from another realm called a Repeater to get your life back to normal?

Buy my book!
Facebook Fan page!

0 Comments:

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile