topbella

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: Faking it to make it

You ever have one of those days, or even weeks when you couldn't give a damn? And you're just so mentally, physically, and emotionally drained, the very idea of pushing out a few thousand words in your book seems almost impossible? Well, let me be the first to tell you, that I'm there now. From dealing with my kids, to family, and friends, I just ready to pack up my bags, and run away for a few millenia. Maybe somewhere where there is no rain, gray clouds, or hairy, beer bellies to dampen my mood further.


Because of the crappy way I feel, right now, forcing myself to open up my WIP, and try to even remotely write a riveting scene is nonexistent. I know I'm not the only one who has been in a funk because of whatever that then had to trudge through work and pretend that all is well. So that's when I look to the motto, "Fake it until you make it." and apply it as necessary. I put my "sexy hat" on and start writing to the best of my ability, and when the big O comes, I put forth my best false climax I can imagine. Strangely, when I go back to read, it comes out even sexier than I thought, and I feel like maybe that's one of the reasons behind why women are so damn good a faking it (if you know what I mean).

Though there is one exception. One part of my stories that always seem to come out easily when I'm in the worst of moods, and those are conflicts. When I'm pissed, or upset for any reason, I write amazing arguments, and my antagonists are to die for. Literally, sometimes they end up killing someone. They put the mess in messed up in the head! Because truthfully, I am messed up in the head due to my pessimistic sentiments. Or, I'm just crazy. I do talk to my muse as though he's a real person from time to time.

Back to the point at hand. For as long as I can remember, I've always managed to work best under pressure. Stress is what makes me function and better myself. From school work to writing, and I have this belief that many of us who use the right side of our brain for creativity purposes, tend to be more tense than most. It takes a lot of work to be eccentric! But in the end, I think when we do our faking, during our days of sad, pissed off, feelings, we probably make write and create some pretty kick ass stuff. I know I do. So, there you have it in a nutshell for my post today. Now I'm going to kick back and write. Then, I'm really going to hide in my bedroom away from everyone for a few hours so that I can kick this "blahness" that has come over me like a cloud of crap.

0 Comments:

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile