topbella

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: Us naughty writin' authors are helping destroy our society.

I've mentioned before how I am proud to be known as an erotic romance author. Sex is nothing that shames me. In fact, the very idea of pumping out some hotness, is very invigorating. The steamier, the better, and the very thought of not writing it, makes me feel empty inside. Makes me feel naked (and not in a good way). I also have many friends, that know of my kinky, gutter thoughts, and our discussions are most certainly never pure. So when I found out, recently, that one of my friends did not agree with my work, I was stunned!

Who doesn't agree with kink? Well, okay, a lot of people probably, as I'm sure there are many vanilla people out there in the world, but I honestly thought that the ones in my own life were comrades in my naughty ways. Needless to say, I was shocked, and wondered if maybe it were just the books themselves that they found offensive. After further investigation, I found out that nope, it wasn't just the books, it was the idea that my characters had sex before marriage, with a person they barely knew, and without any form of protection. Those dirty, fictional, sluts!

It was then brought to my attention, that my book, and books like my book, were giving the women who read them the "OK" to go out and have sex with anyone instead of saving themselves for marriage. I, miss feminist, was becoming part of the problem with our society. So, what is a girl to do? Well, only one thing really...

Get even more freakier!!!

That's right. My book is fiction. All of these books are fiction. We authors are in no way trying to tell anyone to do anything but find their escapes in the worlds we create for the readers. And if what I'm doing is going to rip the delicate fabric of our world, then let me get my scissors.


Hey lady, you stop that! Nah, just kidding!


0 Comments:

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile