topbella

Friday, June 22, 2012

Getting Freaky Friday: Welcome Author MaryLynn Bast to the Island

For this sexy Friday, Author MaryLynn Bast harrowed the plane trip to make it to the island and aren't we glad to have her! While the cabana boys get her drink, she's going to let us have a little glimpse into her recent book One Bite to Passion.




ONE BITE TO PASSION

Excerpt:
Leaning against the door, she took a deep breath to calm her pounding heart. Why was she having such a reaction to a man she had barely met, not even twenty four hours ago. "Yet you slept with him." She grumbled to herself and released a sigh. Slipping quickly into her undergarments, she slipped on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and headed back out to the living room.
Casey sat on the loveseat by the window, but Rosa was gone. He responded to her questioning look. "She went back to her room, said she had to get something for you."
Paige remembered a package was supposed to be delivered. But that quickly left her mind when Casey patted the seat next to him. She shook her head no, deciding it wasn't a good idea to snuggle with him. She leaned against the bar that separated the kitchen from the living area.
"I won't bite." He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at her. "Too hard."
Paige laughed nervously. "Uh, Casey, about last night." She couldn't bring herself to look at him.
"I told you Paige, I wanted you and I still do." He lounged back on the seat, one arm thrown casually across the back.
"I, uh. I'm married. I shouldn't have done that." She inspected her manicured nail.
"I also remember telling you that your husband was a lucky man. So, yeah, I'm aware you are married and I don't care." He spoke softly. He patted the seat once again.
She heard the honesty in his words, and once again shook her head, but this time she stared at him. She had to end this. She was in Japan to work, not have an ongoing affair with a younger man. She opened her mouth to speak, before she could, the look on his face stopped her.
"Paige." Casey stood and walked over to where she was. His hand rose up to her face, his fingers slid gently across her cheek, his eyes looked haunted. "I can't stop thinking about you. I know you are married and I know I should feel bad about that, but I don't. He should respect you and he doesn't."
How in the world would he know that! Paige stared at him, wondering if she had gotten herself into something she wouldn't easily get out of.
"I want to be with you." He continued staring at her, but he made no move to touch her any further than the caress on her cheek.
"But that's impossible Casey. I can't do this. I love my husband."
"You love your husband because it's the right thing to do. But how long has it been since he has told you he loved you and really meant it? How long has it been since he loved you the way I did last night? If ever?"
Closing her eyes she didn't know what she was going to do. Dalton had never made her feel the way Casey had. But that had been about sex. She and Dalton had twenty years together and couldn't throw that all away for one night of great sex.
"I…" She didn't know what to say, His lips descended and grazed hers and she melted against him. Her brain screamed at her to stop, but her body said the exact opposite. The kiss deepened and he pulled her to him. Their tongues battled for a moment before she pulled away and buried her head in his chest.
"I know you are going to think I'm crazy, but Paige, I think I'm already in love with you." He pulled her close, his voice barely above a whisper.

Yummy yum yum!! Thank you MaryLynn for sharing that with us all and do stay awhile. I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I have!

Get your copy of One Bite to Passion today from the links below.

ONE BITE TO PASSION

Title: One Bite To Passion
Author: MaryLynn Bast
Genre: Paranormal Erotica Fantasy
Publisher: A Renaissance E Books Publication
Ebook
Pages: 107
Words: 39,995

Blurb:
On a business trip to Japan, Paige has just found happiness with Casey, an exciting, young man with a passionate interest in Paige.  After a night of wild sex, she feels like a new woman. Drawn to Casey, Paige can’t refuse him even though he says he wants to possess her and she learns he is a vampire. Then Paige's unfaithful husband, Dalton, shows up. He has supposedly broken off his affair, but Paige suspects he is still seeing his mistress. Soon, Paige begins to notice disturbing things happening around her and discovers she has become the center of a battle between covens who consider her The Chosen One. But when she faces the greatest peril of her life, and Casey shows up to help, Page realizes she is willing fight covens side-by-side with him, if it means the chance of a future with this vampire she has come to love.

Buy Links:

Amazon:
Barnes and Noble:

Book Trailer Link: http://youtu.be/UswfuTyjyTU




2 Comments:

MaryLynn Bast said...

Thanks for the drink. Happy to share and hope to fly over and see you again soon when my Rosa plays with her two favorite vampires...coming soon.

Rosanna Leo said...

This book sounds amazing!! You really grabbed me with that excerpt! Congrats!

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile