topbella

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Touch of the Gods: The Wager

The battle of brothers for Vanessa has come. Hephaestus will not lose his love. But can he win against the God of War himself?








From the rage in Ares' eyes, I knew he didn't care whether she was there or not. He raised his sword once more and was about to deliver a blow that would kill them both.

Between the sound of her scream, the smell of my nephew's blood spilling and my anger at my brother's lack of caring that he was about to execute a mortal, I lost my control. Flashing before him, I knocked him back with my own power, so hard that his body bent his cycle in half. It would have been nice if it I had hurt him, but when he stood, his knuckles were white from the tight hold he had on his sword, I knew I only pissed him off more. His body glowed with barely leashed control as he ran toward me, his battle cry loud enough to rock the earth to its core.






1 Comments:

S. J. Maylee said...

The tension here is dripping is such an excellent way. Well done 6!!

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile