topbella

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Touch of the Gods: The Wager

Welcome to the Underworld. Stay for a spell....or for eternity!

What I first believed to be a large grin on his macabre face was in fact, his lips being drawn up by thick fish hooks that were attached to the backs of his ears. The metal cut into his flesh and though it looked dreadfully painful, the lusty glint plastered upon his plastic like face told a different tale. The neon stripes of his leisure suit enhanced the pale white that was his emaciated skin, which was covered in darker scars, lashes and welts. His hair was slicked back and long, but those eyes, or shall I say a lack thereof was what left me cold inside.

Staring up into their empty depths, I felt hopeless and I knew at that moment, I was standing before the darkness himself. This man, who turned briefly, allowing me to see that his hair was actually a thick, braided rope laced between hoops which were pierced through his back, was the lord of the underworld —Hades.

3 Comments:

Eden Connor said...

Mmm, now I'll need someone to watch over me while I sleep. Intriguing six, D.X. :-)

S. J. Maylee said...

My heart started beating faster as I read your 6. Fabulous!
empty depths<--really beautiful

D. X. Luc said...

Thank you Eden and S. J.

I find it so hard to pick six from this book All the lines are so good lol.

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile