topbella

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: Everything is my story

As an author, the most common quesiton I get is, "Where do you get your inspiration?"

Now, I could be half honest and say sexy men, but that wouldn't be the whole truth. I found out yesterday, during my boring jury summons that everything and anything is part of my pot of stories. I can hear a conversation, see an odd outfit or just plain be annoyed by the fact that I'm stuck at jury service and poof...a book is formed.

It's not really magic (more like insanity really), it's the fact that my brain sees the world in words and those words need to go on paper. I don't sleep much because I can't shut down. I'm a constant bundle of paras that need to be seen! And when I do finally go down for the night, I dream in story.

My mind is a bookshelf waiting to be filled and I find nothing is safe. As I mentioned, yesterday I was stuck with a jury summons and waited from 8:30am to 4pm to get selected (never was) and when I told people that I was an author I was suddenly bombarded with ideas from them. I didn't want their ideas, no no. I wanted them <----insert evil laughter here.

By the time I left I had a whole new book in mind. I just may write it. I have a couple of titles in mind. I'm sure those I met won't mind. They'll be immortalized and everybody wants that in their life. As of right now, I'm writing a book about a friend (she knows who she is) and I think she'll like what happens to her "character" by the time I'm done with it.

So moral of the story here is, if you're friends with an author be careful...or don't. But know, whatever is happening around us, will ultimately end up in a book at one point or another.

You've been warned




0 Comments:

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile