topbella

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday: The Replacement by Justyce Rayne

Okay, I'm doing something a little different for today's SSS.

You see, I'm editing another book. A different genre from what many are used to seeing from me. I wrote a book many, many years ago. One that took of a very dark and paranormal idea of soul replacement.

I held onto this, even getting it copyrighted through the Library of Congress because while many said it was intelligent, fantastic, and something entirely different...I didn't think any publisher would want it.

Well, last year, there was an open call with a publisher and I sent them my story. I wasn't too optimistic so when they wrote back that they were interested and just wanted me to fix it (as this was my first work and so my writing was pretty novice to say the least), they'd leave me an open invitation to return the edited, fleshed out story.

So that's what I've been working on since that amazing email. I wanted to share six sentences from this story, The Replacement under my non-erotic alter ego Justyce Rayne.

Enjoy this snippet.

________________________________________


The Replacement by Justyce Rayne


Photo courtesy of Fotolio.com


"To explain how it felt to meld with a host would mean I'd spend days discussing the laws of physics, so I'll just use Layman's terminology. It burns! I'm not exaggerating about this. Seriously, imagine taking a hot poker after it has sat in a flame for hours, then ramming it down your throat for shits and giggles. This burn was a thousand times worse.
As the transference began, the first sizzle that shot down my spine was shocking enough that I fought to pull away. It was far too late for me to reconsider as our link was solid. I tried for controlled breathing but the excruciating pain worked against me and I nearly broke down."

1 Comments:

Kathryn R. Blake said...

Very intriguing snippet. Best of luck with your new venture.

About Me

My Photo
D. X. Luc
I'm a mother of four. I'm a writer, wife, and sexy to my core. Sinfully unrestrained.
View my complete profile